Photoneo – Boot Profile – MotionCam-3D provides 3D capture and reconstruction of moving objects
Photoneo implements Parallel Structured Light technology in a 3D camera – MotionCam-3D – which allows the capture of objects moving up to 140 km / h, offering a point cloud resolution of 0.9 Mpx (and 2Mpx in static).
Editor’s Note: Robotics activity reviewThe s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-ups (or “young” companies). RBR’s “Startup Profiles” highlight individual start-ups using a consistent format and template that allows for quick but informed reading, which also simplifies benchmarking.
Photoneo – Company Profile
Funding Status – Photoneo Raised approximately US $ 13 million (€ 11.1 million) in funding over 2 rounds, with the last Series A round taking place in December 2018. Photoneo is not currently seeking additional funding.
Photoneo has developed a revolutionary 3D sensing technology called “Parallel Structured Light”, which captures the entire surface of moving objects, allowing their high quality 3D reconstruction without motion artifacts.
Photoneo – Offer profile
Main target markets – Logistics / Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Other
Technology / Product / Service (s) – Photoneo offers intelligent automation solutions powered by robotic vision and intelligence. The company’s portfolio consists of industrial-grade machine vision systems developed in-house and a suite of robotic intelligence solutions. Photoneo’s systems are universal and flexible, allowing their deployment in a wide range of industries including logistics, e-commerce, automotive, manufacturing, medicine and many more.
Photoneo has developed a revolutionary 3D sensing technology named “Parallel structured light», Which captures the entire surface of moving objects, allowing their 3D reconstruction in high quality, without movement artifacts. Parallel Structured Light technology powers the MotionCam-3D product, a 3D camera to capture objects moving up to 90 miles per hour.
Value proposition – Key value propositions for Photoneo technology and solutions include:
- Photoneo’s 3D sensing solutions help companies improve their logistics, manufacturing and other types of industrial processes, increasing productivity and process efficiency, while reducing costs and the risk of worker injury.
- The industrial quality of Photoneo’s 3D vision systems guarantees high levels of performance, even in demanding industrial environments, including harsh lighting conditions.
- Undergirding Photoneo’s 3D vision systems are unique, flexible and universal robotic intelligence systems powered by AI.
- Photoneo’s parallel structured light 3D sensing technology has been shortlisted for many prestigious awards including the RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award 2021, inVision Top innovation 2021, IERA Award 2020, Vision Systems Design 2019 Innovators Platinum Award 2019, inVision Top Innovation 2019 and Vision Award 2018.
- Photoneo offers regular trainings on Photoneo products and solutions, including one-on-one specialist sessions with the Photoneo engineering team and advice with the Photoneo sales team. The company also produces webinars and blogs providing information on the latest developments in the field of automation.
Demand drivers – The main drivers of demand for Photoneo’s solutions include the desire to reduce operational costs, optimize logistics or production processes, increase productivity and throughput, reduce the risk of injury, modernize and to increase levels of automation, and to gain and maintain a competitive advantage in the market
Photoneo cooperates with more than 40 partners and distributors around the world as well as with many technical universities.
Photoneo – Business model (s) and competition
Business model – Photoneo offers its solutions and services in direct sales, as well as through distributors, integrators and partners.
The partners – Photoneo is headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia, with branches in Boston, USA, and Shanghai, China. The company cooperates with more than 40 partners and distributors around the world as well as with many technical universities. These include the JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Brno University of Technology, Osijek University, Ostrava Technical University, Slovak University of Technology, and others.
Customers – Photoneo’s latest automation projects include: